In episode 2 we talked about different ways to get in a workout during a busy week. One of the things that I started doing this semester is running to campus — run commuting. I teach from 9:00 to 11:30 in the mornings, so running to work lets me squeeze in about five and a half miles before lunch.
The key here is knowing what to bring along for the run. I need to have clothes to wear at work, supplies that’ll help me clean up, and dry running clothes for the commute home.
My Run Commuting Checklist
- Backpack – I use an Osprey Rev 24
- Garment Carrier – I use an Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter
- Underwear – I’ll use these for the run home too
- Belt – Don’t forget the belt!
Running Clothes (for the commute home)
Get the Funk Out Supplies
- (2) Gallon Freezer bags – 1 for towel, 1 for wet running clothes
- (2) Quart Freezer bags – 1 for washcloth, 1 for smell good stuff
- Dry Washcloth with body wash applied to it or sport wipes
- Microfiber Towel
- Body Spray – don’t get carried away with this stuff!
- Hair Product
- First Aid Supplies – I keep ankle tape and adhesive bandages with me
For more great tips on Run Commuting, check out TheRunCommuter.com.
Music from this episode by Poddington Bear.